Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Smart Keyboard stopped working after one of the updates and I only have access to the screen keyboard which is very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this. I’ve had 2 updates since then and it worked for a short period after each but then it’s a constant fail. I’ve had this iPad since 2018 and it’s the first time this has happened. Thanks.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 1:26 PM

4 replies

Feb 3, 2022 9:40 PM in response to HazeMama

Get help

If your iPad doesn't detect your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard or you see an "Accessory not supported" alert on your iPad, make sure there's no debris or plastic covering on the Smart Connector pins on the keyboard or the Smart Connector on the iPad. Also, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your iPad and Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard are in the 👉 Type position and that you have the 👉 latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Remove the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard from your iPad.
  3. Restart your iPad.
  4. Reconnect the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard.
  5. If nothing above works then contact 👉 Apple Support

Axel F.

My Smart Keyboard stopped working after one of the updates and I only have access to the screen keyboard which is very annoying.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.