Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The backup of my iPhone XR to my macbook pro 2021 does not work

The backup of my iPhone XR has never worked and it says to delete the corrupt backup and try again or something to that effect. I am attempting to back up to my MacBook Pro 2021. There is no backup to delete. How can I correct this.

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 3:00 PM

You'll need a device connected to you Mac. Then select the device on the sidebar, look for Manage Backups, and then you'll see all your available backups. Not sure how many you have, but you should be able to select the one you want to delete, then right click to Delete/Archive/Show in Finder. Occasionally they get corrupted.

There's a delete option if you select the backup and click on Delete Backup.

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 3:00 PM in response to crossfitter_dude

You'll need a device connected to you Mac. Then select the device on the sidebar, look for Manage Backups, and then you'll see all your available backups. Not sure how many you have, but you should be able to select the one you want to delete, then right click to Delete/Archive/Show in Finder. Occasionally they get corrupted.

There's a delete option if you select the backup and click on Delete Backup.

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The backup of my iPhone XR to my macbook pro 2021 does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.