Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS mojave.pkg to app (on montenery)

Hey Guys,

I need a bootable USB stick with Mojave for another (older) Mac.

The problem is that I use Monterey and I can download the pkg but I need it as an install app in den applications folder for the further process.

How can I "convert" the pkg into an app? Or how can I create a bootable USB with the pkg.?

I found this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251038496

It is for El Capitan and I tried for Mojave but I don't find the "function SupportedPlatform(){".

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 7:35 AM

To perform this action will require booting from a Bootable Installer

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer.

Example : Bootable Installer of OS X El Capitan - Technical Specifications would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run El Capitan

Now - if the computer being used to download and create the bootable installer is TOO New it does not qualify to run El Captain and can not even be used to create a Bootable Installer of El Capitan.

The Apple Licence of Use profits this even if making the installer for an older computer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 7:35 AM in response to Voelch

To perform this action will require booting from a Bootable Installer

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer.

Example : Bootable Installer of OS X El Capitan - Technical Specifications would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run El Capitan

Now - if the computer being used to download and create the bootable installer is TOO New it does not qualify to run El Captain and can not even be used to create a Bootable Installer of El Capitan.

The Apple Licence of Use profits this even if making the installer for an older computer.

macOS mojave.pkg to app (on montenery)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.