Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't unlock

Hi, my iPhone 11 lock screen background has gone black and now won't let me unlock my phone. I have tried to restart it but every time I get the option to turn it off it won't let me swipe to turn it off, only letting me move the options of the emergency button or SOS call. I can sometimes get the pin to unlock to come up but when I enter my pin it doesn't open up my phone just stays on my slock screen and lets me see my messages. I have then tried to get in by tapping on my messages but it just clears them from the screen. any help would be appreciated as my diary/plans on it and I am at a loss without it.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 6:19 AM

Thank you for your reply. I'm really sorry that the solution i provided didn't work. I thought the voice over was activated for you.

please follow this steps :

That is not how you do a “hard reset”. See below:

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
    • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 6:19 AM in response to millie_mouse

Thank you for your reply. I'm really sorry that the solution i provided didn't work. I thought the voice over was activated for you.

please follow this steps :

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
    • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Feb 4, 2022 6:26 AM in response to Iafeef

Iafeef wrote:

Press and quickly release Volume UP button

It appears that you're copying and pasting the same answer from other times your answered. If you're going to do that, you should correct it.

Change

to

That is how you do a “hard reset”. See below:

Also, it's not necessary to post the same instructions that someone else has already provided.

iPhone won't unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.