Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cellular doesnt work in my region

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 7:41 AM

There are 2 Apple Watch cellular radios

• Canada, U.S. Mexico, Puerto Rico

• The rest of the world

Carriers will not attempt to connect to an Apple Watch that does not use the correct radio.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, you may have to return the Apple Watch to the country where purchased to get warranty service.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, there may be country specific restrictions in the installed Apple Watch software that prevent features from working when you get home.

https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 7:41 AM in response to monikapal

There are 2 Apple Watch cellular radios

• Canada, U.S. Mexico, Puerto Rico

• The rest of the world

Carriers will not attempt to connect to an Apple Watch that does not use the correct radio.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, you may have to return the Apple Watch to the country where purchased to get warranty service.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, there may be country specific restrictions in the installed Apple Watch software that prevent features from working when you get home.

https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability

Feb 4, 2022 7:43 AM in response to monikapal

monikapal wrote:

i bought apple watch series 7 gps+cellular in usa few weeks ago, came back to iceland and realised that this particular usa model doesn’t support my carrier in iceland.. was wondering is there is anything i could do about it..

No. You will be able to use that as a GPS only watch, but not on cellular service outside of North America.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.