Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Apple CD drive to transfer music to Apple Music app on iMac 2020?

will I be able to use an Apple cd drive to download Stereo music to Apple Music app on my 2020 iMac?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 9:08 AM

Yes. See Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support.

tt2

11 replies

Feb 4, 2022 9:32 AM in response to Eyepie

I wanted to record my old lp’s via iMac 2020 but Apple removed stereo 2 channel to 1 channel mono. This degradation has prevented me from recording in stereo as the audio hardware no longer supports stereo. Is there a way around this degradation of the functionality of 2020 iMac hardware?

Feb 4, 2022 11:32 AM in response to Eyepie

DEAFEARCRAP wrote:

So let me be clear. Apple Music app reads cds from Apple portable drive usb into 2020 iMac in stereo? Apple lessened the iMac functionality by changing audio input to single mono, preventing user friendly recording of personal music use. So this cd method still works for stereo downloading to Apple Music?

When you "rip" music from a CD,. you're not recording an audio input. The computer is converting the audio files to digital files.

Can I use Apple CD drive to transfer music to Apple Music app on iMac 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.