Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD Burn playlist

I have a late 2009 iMac using El Capitan and trying to burn a playlist using an external Nolyth superdrive on cd-r. I get as far as the flashing checking media message and no further.

what trick am I missing??

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 12:11 PM

You can use this link for how to create media. It's the same even if you are using an external drive.Create CDs and DVDs in Music on Mac - Apple Support Intro to burning CDs and DVDs in Music on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Feb 6, 2022 7:57 AM in response to pappadoc

" my Imac is vintage late 2009 and the latest software version available to my OS X El Capitan was 10.11.6. With no updates available "

I can't help with your burning playlists issue but a late 2009 iMac can run High Sierra.

Mac Hardware Requirements

For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, choose About This Mac. These Mac models are compatible with macOS High Sierra:

• MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)

If you wish at some point in the future to upgrade to High Sierra this link will tell you how to go about it

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211683

Feb 6, 2022 5:12 AM in response to my ginger

Trying to burn playlists from my library, but unable to do so.

my Imac is vintage late 2009 and the latest software version available to my OS X El Capitan was 10.11.6. With no updates available Im attempting to burn on a superdrive but getting nowhere. I rather suspectI have a software issue as my itunes automatically update

CD Burn playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.