Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac via iphone

Why can’t we control mac from iphone?

I do have iphone and macbook M1 Air

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 3:11 PM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2022 8:33 PM in response to Lanny

I just want to know… apple is working on that or what?? This is actually needed when you want to just use casually… you mac is far away from where you’re sitting, then but mac screen is on and how simple it will be just imagine.. if you can type, search, write most of the stuff through iphone…obviously if it is synced…

Feb 4, 2022 10:19 PM in response to dhiraj55

AFAIK Apple hasn't released any news that they're working on this kind of feature. It seems complex, unless you're talking about some sort of remote screen sharing app that can zoom in on the Mac's screen as needed. iPhones don't have much screen real estate.

Apple used to have Back to My Mac as part of their Mac iCloud services, which let you connect to a remote Mac using another Mac. Unfortunately they axed that feature, but you can still do it through the Screen Sharing app if a VPN or port-forwarding is set up on the network that the remote Mac uses.

Mac via iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.