Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

late 2011 Mac book pro

I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro and can't download any apps because I need the update

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 8:30 PM

Hello,

What macOS version do you currently have? Based on the info you provided your MacBook Pros hardware is too outdated to support macOS Monterey. I believe macOS High Sierra is the newest you would be able to use.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

"Use Safari to download macOS on your Mac

Safari uses these links to find the old installers in the App Store. After you download the installer from the App Store, the installer opens automatically."

• "macOS High Sierra can upgrade Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion"

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 8:30 PM in response to wow2327

Hello,

What macOS version do you currently have? Based on the info you provided your MacBook Pros hardware is too outdated to support macOS Monterey. I believe macOS High Sierra is the newest you would be able to use.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

"Use Safari to download macOS on your Mac

Safari uses these links to find the old installers in the App Store. After you download the installer from the App Store, the installer opens automatically."

• "macOS High Sierra can upgrade Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion"

I hope this helps.

late 2011 Mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.