Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why when trying to play some songs , it keeps saying computer not authorized to play a song?

why when trying to play some songs, it keeps saying computer not authorized to play a song.these are purchased songs in my library

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 8:56 PM

Hello,

I assume you have already authorized your computer but if not the first article linked below gives instructions. If you already had, the second article gives additional instructions.

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 8:56 PM in response to DJGROCK75

Hello,

I assume you have already authorized your computer but if not the first article linked below gives instructions. If you already had, the second article gives additional instructions.

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Feb 4, 2022 9:44 PM in response to DJGROCK75

DJGROCK75 Said:

"why when trying to play some songs, it keeps saying computer not authorized to play a song.these are purchased songs in my library"

-------

Removed from iTunes Store, Perhaps?:

Sometimes, items are removed from the iTunes Store, and they never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Developer or Studio. Moreover, it is something you would have agreed to, upon purchasing the item. That's just the way it is :(

why when trying to play some songs , it keeps saying computer not authorized to play a song?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.