Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my phone I n to delete it

I lost my phone need to delete it

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:48 AM

Glad to help!

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen

If you lose your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or think it might be stolen, use Find My and protect your data.

Look for your device on a map

To find your device, sign in to iCloud.com/find. Or use the Find My app on another Apple device that you own.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn’t appear in the list of devices, Find My was not turned on. But you can still protect your account if Find My was not turned on.

Mark as Lost

When you mark your device as lost, you remotely lock it with a passcode, keeping your information secure. This also disables Apple Pay on the missing device. And you can display a custom message with your contact information on the missing device. 

Mark your device as lost.

Report your missing device to local law enforcement

Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. 

Find the serial number.

File a Theft and Loss claim

If your missing iPhone is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, file a claim for an iPhone replacement.

File a claim.

Remotely erase your device

After you erase a device, you can't track its location, so make sure that you no longer need to search for the device. If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, do not erase your iPhone until your claim has been approved.

Erase your device.

Contact your wireless carrier

If the missing device is an iPhone or an iPad with cellular, report your missing device to your wireless carrier. Ask the carrier to disable your account to prevent calls, texts, and data use. And if your device is covered under your wireless carrier plan, file a claim.

Remove your missing device from your account

If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, do not remove your lost iPhone from your account until your claim has been approved.

Go to appleid.apple.com to remove the missing device from your list of trusted devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 2:48 AM in response to Shanewhitaker88

Glad to help!

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen

If you lose your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or think it might be stolen, use Find My and protect your data.

Look for your device on a map

To find your device, sign in to iCloud.com/find. Or use the Find My app on another Apple device that you own.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn’t appear in the list of devices, Find My was not turned on. But you can still protect your account if Find My was not turned on.

Mark as Lost

When you mark your device as lost, you remotely lock it with a passcode, keeping your information secure. This also disables Apple Pay on the missing device. And you can display a custom message with your contact information on the missing device. 

Mark your device as lost.

Report your missing device to local law enforcement

Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. 

Find the serial number.

File a Theft and Loss claim

If your missing iPhone is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, file a claim for an iPhone replacement.

File a claim.

Remotely erase your device

After you erase a device, you can't track its location, so make sure that you no longer need to search for the device. If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, do not erase your iPhone until your claim has been approved.

Erase your device.

Contact your wireless carrier

If the missing device is an iPhone or an iPad with cellular, report your missing device to your wireless carrier. Ask the carrier to disable your account to prevent calls, texts, and data use. And if your device is covered under your wireless carrier plan, file a claim.

Remove your missing device from your account

If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, do not remove your lost iPhone from your account until your claim has been approved.

Go to appleid.apple.com to remove the missing device from your list of trusted devices.

Feb 5, 2022 2:48 AM in response to Shanewhitaker88

phone stolen or lost

Please  look at this Apple article and my additional advice below it:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Tracking lost or stolen phones

The 'Find My' tracking is to help you discover if you left your phone in the office or the restaurant. Lost or Stolen phones are rarely ever seen again.

Risk mitigation

Get your provider to 

Cancel your SIM.

Send you a replacement SIM on same number.

You can then put the SIM in another iPhone to get the codes you will need.

Phishing warning

Its possible for a thief to obtain your phone number particularly if you did not have a PIN set on the SIM.  So do not respond to texts to sign into your account! They are NOT from Apple!

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Resign to the fact that if you had a passcode set and you do not provide your Apple ID via phishing texts then your data is safe but you will never see the phone again.

I lost my phone I n to delete it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.