Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing myself from a group text

I was put into a group text that includes both apple and android users. I do not associate with these people anymore and would like to remove myself from the group. Is there any way to do this? I know if it is a group of 4 or more all apple users I can select leave this conversation, but alas this group is 4 or more but the option is grayed out.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 7:36 AM

You cannot remove yourself from a group if it has both iOS and non-iOS users. Contact the group and ask then to create a new group without you in it, unless this is a spam message. In that case, do not interact with them. You also have the option to block the members of the group if you no longer expect to text/call them in the future.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 7:36 AM in response to BossAwesumSauce

You cannot remove yourself from a group if it has both iOS and non-iOS users. Contact the group and ask then to create a new group without you in it, unless this is a spam message. In that case, do not interact with them. You also have the option to block the members of the group if you no longer expect to text/call them in the future.

Removing myself from a group text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.