Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my images not clear

I notice as of yesterday any photo's such as Yahoo and iother website are not longer clear but videos are clear no problem. What is cause this and how to fix it? I gace a screen shot here for you to check out,

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 9:19 PM

frank_the_snake_master_01 Said:

"Why are my images not clear: I notice as of yesterday any photo's such as Yahoo and iother website are not longer clear but videos are clear no problem. What is cause this and how to fix it? I gace a screen shot here for you to check out,"

-------

Turn Off Dark Mode:

Perhaps turned on Dark Mode, unknowingly. So try turning it off, by selecting Light See Here: How to Use Dark Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 9:19 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

"Why are my images not clear: I notice as of yesterday any photo's such as Yahoo and iother website are not longer clear but videos are clear no problem. What is cause this and how to fix it? I gace a screen shot here for you to check out,"

-------

Turn Off Dark Mode:

Perhaps turned on Dark Mode, unknowingly. So try turning it off, by selecting Light See Here: How to Use Dark Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Feb 6, 2022 3:08 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

-------

A Few Thoughts:

A. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Video and for Screen) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

B. Change the Resolution:

If the SMC and NVRAM reset is of no success, then change your resolution.  Go Here: Change your Mac display's resolution - Apple Support. Perform this in Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].

C. Create a New Administrator User:

See if you still get this error - if so, then it is something misconfigured in your current user.

To Create an Admin:

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Users & Groups
  3. Unlock: the Lock
  4. Press: the "+" button
  5. Add: an Administrator User.

Feb 6, 2022 7:39 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

"TheLittles: Thanks it did not work at all my iMac is late 2012 maybe on the way out. Thank you for your help. Frank"

-------

You are welcome. Great job troubleshooting!

Two Last Thoughts:

Restore or Reinstall Anew:

A. Reinstalling the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Prior to all of this, Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Know to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. new install)

B. Reinstalling the macOS Anew:

See if this Site Helps: How to Reinstall the macOS Anew - No TMB Prior to Upgrade - User Tip. Format the hard drive with the applicable macOS, on step D.

In Depth:

Pretty much, it is a matter of:

1. Erasing: and formatting your hard drive to APFS
  2. Installing: [the applicable macOS] via a USB Bootable Installer
  3. Restoring: info from a Time Machine Backup, using Migration Assistant

Why are my images not clear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.