Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a message from apple about my stolen iPhone but now I cannot open that message

How can I contact apple support to know my stolen iPhones location

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 9:45 AM

Beware of a common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it.

If you clicked a link in that scam message and entered your Apple ID and password your phone and all of its data are now compromised, and and Activation Lock has been removed by the thief on your phone. Change your Apple ID password immediately (assuming the thief hasn’t changed it), and take whatever actions might be needed because all of your personal information stored on your phone is now in the hands of criminals. And see→If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you did not click on a link, or if you did you did not enter your Apple ID and password, you are safe. And if you go to https://icloud.com/find and still see your phone listed (even if you can’t track it) then you have avoided disaster.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 9:45 AM in response to harm32

Beware of a common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it.

If you clicked a link in that scam message and entered your Apple ID and password your phone and all of its data are now compromised, and and Activation Lock has been removed by the thief on your phone. Change your Apple ID password immediately (assuming the thief hasn’t changed it), and take whatever actions might be needed because all of your personal information stored on your phone is now in the hands of criminals. And see→If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you did not click on a link, or if you did you did not enter your Apple ID and password, you are safe. And if you go to https://icloud.com/find and still see your phone listed (even if you can’t track it) then you have avoided disaster.

I received a message from apple about my stolen iPhone but now I cannot open that message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.