Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erratic mouse behavior

My Magic Mouse behaves very erratically. If I move it (especially sideways), it may zoom in or out as if I were using gestures. If I touch it (especially while moving it), it zooms in as if I'm using gestures. It continues to do this after turning off all the gestures in the mouse settings. There's no lint or other visible debris in the sensor aperture. Tracking speed is below the halfway increment in the settings. Do I need a special mouse pad?

(a) How do I get an old fashioned USB mouse since none appears on the Apple store?

(b) Failing (a), how do I reduce the functionality of the magic mouse to moving the pointer and doing right and left clicks since the gestures seem to be uncontrollable?

Mac Mini, Late 2014 build, OS 12.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 11:43 AM

The mouse preference defaults to the basic mouse settings.

This is what I see for my Logitech M100 mouse connected to my 2018 Mac Mini running Monterey.

Pretty much the same thing as what I see on our 2012 Mac Mini running Catalina.

4 replies

erratic mouse behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.