Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos Sync

Hi,

I recently started using my brothers old iPad. The iPad was not reset before I started using it. After I had setup the iPad, I realised that my brothers photos that had been on the iPad had synced to iCloud and now were on my phone.

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible that the photos somehow got carried over to any of my brothers other devices?
  2. Is it possible to remove just my brothers photos from my iCloud?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 11:45 AM

Hi Kevin-Needs-Help,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with iCloud Photos. It sounds like you are concerned that your photos are now on your brother's devices.

If only your Apple ID is signed into Settings > Your Name, then your photos are likely only synced to your iCloud account.

You'd have to go through and delete the photos you don't want either on your device or at iCloud.com. If his Apple ID is signed into the iPad still and iCloud Photos is switched on, then his photos would delete from any device he is syncing with iCloud. Definitely double-check.

Please see: Manage your iCloud storage and the section "Delete photos in iCloud Photos".

You may still want to follow: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a fantastic day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2022 11:45 AM in response to Kevin-Needs-Help

Hi Kevin-Needs-Help,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with iCloud Photos. It sounds like you are concerned that your photos are now on your brother's devices.

If only your Apple ID is signed into Settings > Your Name, then your photos are likely only synced to your iCloud account.

You'd have to go through and delete the photos you don't want either on your device or at iCloud.com. If his Apple ID is signed into the iPad still and iCloud Photos is switched on, then his photos would delete from any device he is syncing with iCloud. Definitely double-check.

Please see: Manage your iCloud storage and the section "Delete photos in iCloud Photos".

You may still want to follow: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a fantastic day!

iCloud Photos Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.