Related Article: Update your iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update Windows 11 with TPM2.0 on my MACBook Pro ?

Following as:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enable-tpm-2-0-on-your-pc-1fd5a332-360d-4f46-a1e7-ae6b0c90645c

I want to update my OS to windows 11.

But how to active the TPM2.0 on my MACbook Pro ?

Could you provide any information ?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 6:37 AM

Well that is actually....a bit wrong

Apple Macs actually have TPM2.0 supported Intel chips. They are actually running at least TPM1.2 (that's Windows 10 requirement to install)

Howerver we can not enable those chip to TPM2.0 by ourselves unlike those PC guys can do it by opening their bios. We will have to wait for Apple whether they care about this matter or not but given at the state they are now currently focusing on ARM chips, I dont think we can meet Windows 11 anytime soon

Sorry for my bad English

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 6:37 AM in response to VikingOSX

Well that is actually....a bit wrong

Apple Macs actually have TPM2.0 supported Intel chips. They are actually running at least TPM1.2 (that's Windows 10 requirement to install)

Howerver we can not enable those chip to TPM2.0 by ourselves unlike those PC guys can do it by opening their bios. We will have to wait for Apple whether they care about this matter or not but given at the state they are now currently focusing on ARM chips, I dont think we can meet Windows 11 anytime soon

Sorry for my bad English

Feb 5, 2022 1:44 PM in response to SuperAlexChang

Apple Macs do not have TPM 2.0 chips. So you cannot install Windows 11 (Intel) into Boot Camp on Intel Macs. Only Parallels Desktop offers emulated TPM 2.0 for its Windows 11 (ARM) guests on Apple Silicon Macs, though Microsoft has clearly stated that they do not support that configuration. You should check with Parallels about Windows 11 (Intel) support on Intel Macs.

How to update Windows 11 with TPM2.0 on my MACBook Pro ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.