Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore accidentally deleted song

i accidentally deleted a song in iTunes. Although it shows as “purchased,” I cannot re-download it to my iPhone. Please help!

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 3:01 PM

Thanks but this doesn’t help. Nothing is listed under “hidden purchases”.

6 replies

Feb 5, 2022 4:44 PM in response to picas

Thank you so much for confirming that “purchased” without a download option means “hidden”.

Thank you also for explaining that the phone is asking something it shouldn’t (or to sync).

In reviewing the link you sent again, it seems geared towards a laptop. Is there a link specific to unhiding things on iPhones? In case I’m overlooking something?

Feb 5, 2022 3:22 PM in response to sabeana

When an item shows PURCHASED instead of showing the download icon it always means that it has been hidden. I do not know why it it is not showing in the hidden purchases section. You can always click on the link Get Support, top right on this page. Syncing between devices without an Apple Music subscription is not possible. You can sync using a USB cable only. If you turn on Automatic Downloads on both devices future purchases will automatically download.

How to restore accidentally deleted song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.