Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY AM I HEARING SOME GLITCHES AFTER THE LATEST UPDATE

Hi, ever since I updated my MacOS to the latest version, I've been hearing some glitches while playing music.

I don't know if anyone else is facing this issue, but I'm a bit concerned, the Macbook is barely 2months old.

The speaker works well and sound are also very clear and of high quality while playing my music but I don't seem to settle with the glitches I hear sometimes while playing music.

I'd appreciate any helpful response.

Thanks.

WONDER

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:00 PM

wonderdan wrote:

Hi, ever since I updated my MacOS to the latest version, I've been hearing some glitches while playing music.

I don't know if anyone else is facing this issue, but I'm a bit concerned, the Macbook is barely 2months old.
The speaker works well and sound are also very clear and of high quality while playing my music but I don't seem to settle with the glitches I hear sometimes while playing music.

Thanks.

WONDER

Try a Safeboot and test, reboot as normal and test

SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

In Safe mode third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled, it removes malware, etc hampering smooth operation, however a reboot will put it back to normal mode.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 4:00 PM in response to wonderdan

wonderdan wrote:

Thanks.

WONDER

Try a Safeboot and test, reboot as normal and test

SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

In Safe mode third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled, it removes malware, etc hampering smooth operation, however a reboot will put it back to normal mode.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

WHY AM I HEARING SOME GLITCHES AFTER THE LATEST UPDATE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.