You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 2 12.9 fingerprint sensor not working and now screen freezes

The fingeprint sensor stopped working a while ago. I was not happy about it but somehow get used to type in the code to unblock. Since a couple of months the iPad started to freeze at unpredicatble moments. No way to get it unblocked if not waiting randomly from some seconds to some hours. This makes the iPad almost unusable. I was at the Apple store to ask how to fix. The answer, after some investigations from the technician, was very interesting: "bad luck", you can buy a new iPad and get a 200 Euro discount. It is true that my iPad its already 4 years old but it's also true it was bloody expensive and was treated in the most gentle way you can imagine.

I ask for your help to understand if there is a software workaround that can avoid that the screen freezes. I have the feeling it is an interaction between the broken fingerprint sensor (can live with it as the home button is still working) and some security checks which are regularly carried out internally and hit the missing or broken fingeprint function. I can't believe I have to throw away this iPad with its wonderful screen given it seems not possible to get the fingerprint sensor repaired (Apple statement).

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 3:45 PM

1 reply

iPad Pro 2 12.9 fingerprint sensor not working and now screen freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.