Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health. Drop

When I bought my iPhone X my battery health in three days reduced from 100 to 99%. Buh a week later this is its state

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:38 PM

iPhone X was released in 2018. Battery health typically declines little by little after each full battery charge. What's unusual is not that your battery is now in need of being replaced, what is unusual is the reading should have been declining over time. None-the-less, it would be reasonable to need to replace the battery in a 4 year old iPhone at this point.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 4:38 PM in response to acquah161

iPhone X was released in 2018. Battery health typically declines little by little after each full battery charge. What's unusual is not that your battery is now in need of being replaced, what is unusual is the reading should have been declining over time. None-the-less, it would be reasonable to need to replace the battery in a 4 year old iPhone at this point.

Feb 5, 2022 5:23 PM in response to acquah161

Where did you buy the phone?

I haven't seen it before, but there's the possibility of a battery's onboard memory being "re-flashed" to reset the battery health reading such that it seems like it's new. It wouldn't represent the true capacity, but would likely just update really quickly when the power management system figure out that it's not accurate.

Battery health. Drop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.