Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I keep my new imac 27" from shutting down?

My new iMac Monterey 12.2 shuts down if I leave it alone for awhile. Then I have to log back in. Don't remember this behavior in Big Sur 11.6.3. What's going on?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:19 PM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2022 1:36 AM in response to lopezcalling

Download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. Then paste it in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

o personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

how do I keep my new imac 27" from shutting down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.