You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my find my Mac lock code when it was in lost mode

How can I get into my Mac if I forgot the lock code?

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 6:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 8:28 PM

Refer to the following passage from Mark a device as lost in Find My on Mac - Apple Support:

Unlock a Mac

When you find your lost Mac, enter the numeric passcode on the device to unlock it (the one you set up when you marked your Mac as lost).

Since you do not know that code, the next sentence applies to your concern:

If you forget your device passcode, you can recover it using Find My iPhone on iCloud.com. See Use Lost Mode in Find My iPhone in the iCloud User Guide.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2022 8:28 PM in response to shaney209

Refer to the following passage from Mark a device as lost in Find My on Mac - Apple Support:

Unlock a Mac

When you find your lost Mac, enter the numeric passcode on the device to unlock it (the one you set up when you marked your Mac as lost).

Since you do not know that code, the next sentence applies to your concern:

If you forget your device passcode, you can recover it using Find My iPhone on iCloud.com. See Use Lost Mode in Find My iPhone in the iCloud User Guide.

I forgot my find my Mac lock code when it was in lost mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.