Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 not able to send photos or videos to Android devices.

iPhone 12 not able to send photos or videos to Android devices. MMS, SMS turned on. Is there a fix for this?

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 10:24 AM

Check:

• You have a cellular network connection with cellular data turned on (MMS cannot use Wi-Fi)
  • SMS (plain text, no pictures) works - if it doesn’t, contact your carrier; your account is misconfigured
  • Reset Network Settings
  • You are NOT using VPN, and don’t have a VPN app or profile installed even if not using them

But in general, SMS/MMS are carrier functions, and the carrier needs to be involved if there are problems with it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2022 10:24 AM in response to JChelwick

Check:

• You have a cellular network connection with cellular data turned on (MMS cannot use Wi-Fi)
  • SMS (plain text, no pictures) works - if it doesn’t, contact your carrier; your account is misconfigured
  • Reset Network Settings
  • You are NOT using VPN, and don’t have a VPN app or profile installed even if not using them

But in general, SMS/MMS are carrier functions, and the carrier needs to be involved if there are problems with it.

Feb 6, 2022 9:41 AM in response to tudor5808

tudor5808 wrote:

That's from my own experience (I never was able to use MMS to send files to Androids but I was always able to do that for iPhones), so I'm not sure. Maybe I'm wrong. Can you use an alternate solution such as email, iCloud sharing or Google Drive? Maybe someone else can help you better.

Then you have the same problem as JChelwick. I send SMS/MMS to non-Apple devices many times a day.

iPhone 12 not able to send photos or videos to Android devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.