Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CAN'T STAY LOGGED IN

Ever since upgrading to Catalina, I've been experiencing an issue with staying logged in. I unlock the Macbook Pro per normal, and do my thing. BUT - after only a few minutes of not doing anything - it closes and locks me out. I then have to log in again in order to keep working. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but I've set the sleep times for a longer period of time and it locks me out regardless. I haven't timed this but it seems to be around 15 minutes before the jail door slams shut.

Perhaps someone can tell me how to set this properly?! Most likely I'm missing something simple, so for this I apologize for my ignorance.

Sure would appreciate it friends!

~KendogLovesMac~

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 9:46 AM

KENDOGLOVESMAC wrote:

Ever since upgrading to Catalina, I've been experiencing an issue with staying logged in. I unlock the Macbook Pro per normal, and do my thing. BUT - after only a few minutes of not doing anything - it closes and locks me out. I then have to log in again in order to keep working. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but I've set the sleep times for a longer period of time and it locks me out regardless. I haven't timed this but it seems to be around 15 minutes before the jail door slams shut.

Perhaps someone can tell me how to set this properly?! Most likely I'm missing something simple, so for this I apologize for my ignorance.

~KendogLovesMac~

Verify your >System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy have not been turned on...

or To change System Preferences on your Mac, click the System Preferences icon in the Dock or choose Apple menu > System Preferences.

Customize your Mac with System Preferences - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2022 9:46 AM in response to KENDOGLOVESMAC

KENDOGLOVESMAC wrote:

~KendogLovesMac~

Verify your >System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy have not been turned on...

or To change System Preferences on your Mac, click the System Preferences icon in the Dock or choose Apple menu > System Preferences.

Customize your Mac with System Preferences - Apple Support

CAN'T STAY LOGGED IN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.