Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection between phone and watch?

I know this has been asked but I have just upgraded to the series 7 watch as my 4 had started dying quickly, not receiving WhatsApp messages, some other apps fail to alert too and workouts have started pausing between 7 & 11 seconds…I’ve tried everything recommended and nothing is working! Data on, Bluetooth on, strap tight, reset done, notifications for apps on! Any other ideas?

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 4:27 AM

And;

Apple says;

Permanent or temporary changes to your skin, such as some tattoos, can also impact heart rate sensor performance. The ink, pattern and saturation of some tattoos can block light from the sensor, making it difficult to get reliable readings.

Wrist detection off;

Turning off wrist detection affects these Apple Watch features:

When you use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you’ll be prompted to enter your passcode when you double-click the side button to authorize the payment.

Some Activity measurements are unavailable.

Heart rate tracking and notifications are turned off.

Apple Watch will no longer automatically lock and unlock.

Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 and later won't automatically make an emergency call even after it has detected a hard impact fall.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 4:27 AM in response to Perk5s

And;

Apple says;

Permanent or temporary changes to your skin, such as some tattoos, can also impact heart rate sensor performance. The ink, pattern and saturation of some tattoos can block light from the sensor, making it difficult to get reliable readings.

Wrist detection off;

Turning off wrist detection affects these Apple Watch features:

When you use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you’ll be prompted to enter your passcode when you double-click the side button to authorize the payment.

Some Activity measurements are unavailable.

Heart rate tracking and notifications are turned off.

Apple Watch will no longer automatically lock and unlock.

Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 and later won't automatically make an emergency call even after it has detected a hard impact fall.

Connection between phone and watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.