Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't print PDF files

I have a MacBook Air and I can't print PDF files. Used to be able to. I can print anything else

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 3:00 PM

Hello,

PDF documents can be set with different permissions, including the ability to print. If you created them its possible they have been locked and you would need to unlock them to edit the permission. If you did not create the PDF you would need to contact its creator to see if you can be given that permission.

Password-protect a PDF in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

To see its permissions you can go to the Preview App menu > Tools > Show Inspector > Lock Icon.

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2022 3:00 PM in response to tinafromkemah

Hello,

PDF documents can be set with different permissions, including the ability to print. If you created them its possible they have been locked and you would need to unlock them to edit the permission. If you did not create the PDF you would need to contact its creator to see if you can be given that permission.

Password-protect a PDF in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

To see its permissions you can go to the Preview App menu > Tools > Show Inspector > Lock Icon.

I hope this helps.

Can't print PDF files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.