Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does “you are joining a FaceTime call with a blocked contact” it is my sister and I have not blocked her number.

Why does “you are joining a FaceTime call with a blocked contact” it is my sister and I have not blocked her number.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 8:18 AM

I am getting this same issue and none of the support documents I have found so far, or online support can resolve this issue. Issue occurred right after my upgrade to iOS15. Same error message that I am getting facetiming my parents. I had no issues a couple of days ago, but yesterday and today we cannot facetime.

This is not happening with any of my other contacts, just this one. I have never blocked, nor are they currently a blocked contact.

"You are joining a facetime with a blocked contact"

This is definitely a bug in the iOS. Needs to get investigated by the developers at Apple. Its happening to more then a couple of people. I have found online posts as well.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 8:18 AM in response to Ilovetosew

I am getting this same issue and none of the support documents I have found so far, or online support can resolve this issue. Issue occurred right after my upgrade to iOS15. Same error message that I am getting facetiming my parents. I had no issues a couple of days ago, but yesterday and today we cannot facetime.

This is not happening with any of my other contacts, just this one. I have never blocked, nor are they currently a blocked contact.

"You are joining a facetime with a blocked contact"

This is definitely a bug in the iOS. Needs to get investigated by the developers at Apple. Its happening to more then a couple of people. I have found online posts as well.

Feb 8, 2022 8:38 AM in response to Ilovetosew

Hello llovetosew,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand your concern with receiving the error when joining the FaceTime call with your sister. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's double check the contact to ensure it isn't blocked by following the steps in this article:

Block unwanted callers in FaceTime on iPhone - Apple Support

Does this issue occur with any other contacts?

Best Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.