Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Settings icon in icloud.com

I am able to sign in on my HP Laptop to icloud.com webpage (using iCloud for windows) on my chrome browser using my Apple Id and Password. However the Dash Board that presents itself after signing in does not have the settings icon (gear box) while other icons like mail, contact, calendar, photos, iCloud Drive, Notes, Reminders, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and Find iPhone are present.

I am unable to figure out the reason for the same though I have tried to go through the help section on the Dash Board. Can anyone please help and suggest a solution to the problem.

Thanks in anticipation of a positive response asap

Cheers

Surojeet

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 8:49 AM

That is normal. The gear-shaped Actions menu icon is not on the main iCloud.com screen. There is an Account Settings option near the top center of the screen. See below:

5 replies

Feb 7, 2022 9:20 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for the prompt response FoxFifth. Really appreciate.

However the Account Settings option does not take you to the gearbox settings icon. It takes you to a page where iCloud storage details, My Devices, Hide my email, Custom Email Domain, Family Sharing and Advanced settings appear. In the Advance settings option as well Restore Files, Restore Contacts, Restore Calendars and Reminders, and Restore Bookmarks are available besides Sign out of all browsers, Manage Apps that can look you up and download iCloud for Windows options are there.

However regrettably the gear box icon that I am trying to locate is not there.

Any response that would specifically provide a solution to my little problem is what I am looking at.

Thanks and Cheers

Surojeet Dhole

Feb 8, 2022 8:48 AM in response to surojeetdhole

I think it is an error in the blog. The blog is dated 2015 but even then I don't remember there being a gear-shaped Settings icon on the main iCloud.com page (but it's possible there was an icon there at that time). Additionally it states the following immediately below their icon picture:

To get to the Settings page in iCloud, first go to www.icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Once signed in, click the Settings icon (picture of a gear).

but then everything they describe below that (including the "Understanding What's Taking Up iCloud Storage" is what you currently get by going to "Advanced Settings" as described in my first reply above.

Missing Settings icon in icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.