Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech StreamCam audio loop

Hello!

This problem is not fixed: https://discussions-cn-prz.apple.com/en/thread/253368424

It does not require Microsoft Teams. With Google Chrome in Google Meet, I had this same problem happen on a 2020 Mac Mini M1 with this device: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/webcams/streamcam.960-001289.html

At some point in the meeting, my audio started looping for all other meeting participants.

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 12:47 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Apr 20, 2022 6:06 PM in response to maurizio219

maurizio219 - When I experienced the looping issue, my stream cam was connected directly to the usb-c thunderbolt port on the M1 Mac mini using the USB-C cable that's permanently attached to the camera.

Someone at Logitech suggested I try connecting to a USB-A port using an adapter, which is how it is connected now using this adapter.

Someone else at Logitech also suggested that I use their G Hub software (not M1 native) to adjust the camera's settings. Their normal tool for stream cam is Logi Capture, which crashes on my Mac mini when I try to run it. This is a known issue on M1 macs. Earlier I tried LogiTune, which worked but only has a few basic camera controls.

I've been using the usb-a port with G Hub now for about 4 days using the camera a couple times a day and I haven't seen the looping issue again. The problem was intermittent and not easy to reproduce, so I can't say it's gone, but so far I haven't seen it.

May 9, 2022 2:16 PM in response to dlaporte

I have the 2020 M1 Mac Mini, using the StreamCam and having the audio looping issues too. It is very inconsistent, and does it what appears to be randomly. It is happening more often now. Others report this happening on their Macbooks which has a the built in camera. That would lead me to believe it is an issue on the Apple side with the M1 not logitech. Thoughts? I am a complete novice to defer to the Apple community for insight.

May 10, 2022 6:46 AM in response to kathyfromfrisco

I realized yesterday that, even though it was connected to a USB3 hub, that the StreamCam was showing as connected at USB2 in my system report. I am using a USB-C->USB-A adapter and needed to flip the USB-C connector around for it connect at USB3. Given that I've seen reports of USB2 being a potential problem, I'm hoping that might resolve the audio loop issue.

Hope that's helpful!

Logitech StreamCam audio loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.