Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 15 on iPad

Since upgrading to ios 15, I’ve noticed some annoying small extra windows on Mail and Safari. I didn’t have them on ios 13. How do I get rid of them?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 1:44 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2022 1:26 PM in response to cunnith

Hi cunnith,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We see you have a question about some small windows you're seeing in Mail and Safari, and we're happy to show you how to clear this up.

What you're seeing is a multitasking function of iPadOS as described in this: View an app’s open windows and workspaces

"The open windows in some apps appear as thumbnails near the bottom of the screen. When you tap a thumbnail, its contents appear in the current full-screen window. When viewing apps in Split View, tap  at the top of an open app to view all its open windows."

Try tapping the three dots described above, and then when the three icons appear, tap the one on the left. Let us know if that helps.

Take care.

ios 15 on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.