Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My message icon is gone how can I get it back on my phone

How can I get my message icon back on my phone. It disappeared

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 5:19 PM

icons don’t “disappear”, and the Messages app is not one that can be deleted. You either moved it to another page of the Home screen, moved it to a folder, or removed it from the Home screen. So search for it using the Search function. If it is in a folder the folder name will appear next to it. Alternatively, assuming you have iOS 13 or later, go to the App Library (the last page of the Home screen) and drag it back to any other location on your Home screen pages.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 5:19 PM in response to Fuwbsixj

icons don’t “disappear”, and the Messages app is not one that can be deleted. You either moved it to another page of the Home screen, moved it to a folder, or removed it from the Home screen. So search for it using the Search function. If it is in a folder the folder name will appear next to it. Alternatively, assuming you have iOS 13 or later, go to the App Library (the last page of the Home screen) and drag it back to any other location on your Home screen pages.

My message icon is gone how can I get it back on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.