Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone content not readable by macbook pro

Hello, community!

I got my new iPhone recently and have set it up to my need which took me some time as I was an android user. When i connect to my MacBook Pro and try to access the content of the iPhone from the finder, i am getting this error "The contents of the iPhone “Fahad’s iPhone” could not be read. Click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings." I got it brand new and still getting this error, not sure what the problem is.

Is anyone familiar with the fix?

Thanks

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 8:28 PM

fq786 Said:

"iPhone content not readable by MacBook pro: [...]"The contents of the iPhone “Fahad’s iPhone” could not be read. Click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings."[...]I got it brand new and still getting this error, not sure what the problem is. Is anyone familiar with the fix?"

-------

You Likely have Corrupt Software:

So, you'll have to do as suggested and restore to Factory Settings. Important: If there are items on it (i.e. Photos), then enable those items in iCloud Settings on both the iPhone and on your Mac, so you can easily grab them.

The Link: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 8:28 PM in response to fq786

fq786 Said:

"iPhone content not readable by MacBook pro: [...]"The contents of the iPhone “Fahad’s iPhone” could not be read. Click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings."[...]I got it brand new and still getting this error, not sure what the problem is. Is anyone familiar with the fix?"

-------

You Likely have Corrupt Software:

So, you'll have to do as suggested and restore to Factory Settings. Important: If there are items on it (i.e. Photos), then enable those items in iCloud Settings on both the iPhone and on your Mac, so you can easily grab them.

The Link: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support

iPhone content not readable by macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.