Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best editing software for MacBook Air?

It seems my 2019 MacBook Air will not run iMovie. Can anyone suggest something a little better than my old Windows Movie maker? Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 10:12 PM

Dangerwillrobinson2 wrote:

It isn't anywhere to be found amongst all the other programs that are listed here. When I tried to download it from Apple store, it said my operating system was too old for it.

Backup all your data and upgrade to macOS Monterey, How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support.

Then download iMovie: iMovie - Apple.

Jack

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 10:12 PM in response to Dangerwillrobinson2

Dangerwillrobinson2 wrote:

It isn't anywhere to be found amongst all the other programs that are listed here. When I tried to download it from Apple store, it said my operating system was too old for it.

Backup all your data and upgrade to macOS Monterey, How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support.

Then download iMovie: iMovie - Apple.

Jack

Feb 7, 2022 10:47 PM in response to Dangerwillrobinson2

So I do a backup copy of my current os, in case I screw up and loose everything, then download this Catalina OS that will be able to run iMovie

You upgrade to macOS Monterey to use iMovie: How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support.

Is the upgrade free

Yes.

What's up with the invisible scroll bars?

Go to System Preferences > General, and select "Always" for "Show scroll bars".

And no problem!

Jack

Feb 7, 2022 10:40 PM in response to Jack-19

Thanks Jack. I figured there had to be a practical solution to this. So I do a backup copy of my current os, in case I screw up and loose everything, then download this Catalina OS that will be able to run iMovie. As you can probably tell, I'm not super knowledgeable about computers and also this is my first Apple and so far I've done quite a bit more screaming at it than I was expecting to. What's up with the invisible scroll bars? they magically appear one minute, then for no reason they disappear the next. That's f'd up!

Is the upgrade free, and where would I look for something like that? By the way, thanks for your help. This stuff really is frustrating, and it looks like you have answered questions for a whole lot of people, so thank you for helping to save so many people's sanity!

Best editing software for MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.