Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change comma to period on numerical keypad

Hi. So recently I’ve been having trouble filling in forms in app or online when I only get the numerical keypad to type in numbers. For example, I need to transfer money to a friend but it won’t allow me to type in 25.95 because my keypad only has a comma.

See picture of my numerical keypad on IPhone 11.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 1:34 AM

Thank you, I know when to use a comma or period. Unfortunately, if I try that, my bank app will just ignore it and make the transfer amount 2,595. It doesn’t acknowledge the comma. Yes that’s most likely an issue in the app, but it would be easily solved if I could change my stupid comma to a period.

My husband has the same phone, same bank app, and he has a period instead of a comma, not only in the banking app, but everywhere and it just makes certain things a lot easier.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 1:34 AM in response to Raicya

Thank you, I know when to use a comma or period. Unfortunately, if I try that, my bank app will just ignore it and make the transfer amount 2,595. It doesn’t acknowledge the comma. Yes that’s most likely an issue in the app, but it would be easily solved if I could change my stupid comma to a period.

My husband has the same phone, same bank app, and he has a period instead of a comma, not only in the banking app, but everywhere and it just makes certain things a lot easier.

Change comma to period on numerical keypad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.