Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know what to do when your Apple TV won’t turn on and the white light keeps blinking

Can anyone help me with my issue please. My Apple TV has the white light on the front blinking and will not turn on. How do I reset it without having it on.? I have tried everything

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 1:14 AM

A continuously flashing status light signifies a failure to start up properly. The system software may need to be reinstalled. Unfortunately, for the 4K models, uses can’t restore their box through a computer themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 1:14 AM in response to bryn233

A continuously flashing status light signifies a failure to start up properly. The system software may need to be reinstalled. Unfortunately, for the 4K models, uses can’t restore their box through a computer themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.

Does anyone know what to do when your Apple TV won’t turn on and the white light keeps blinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.