Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I loose all my data if I create a new iCloud account and delete the old one?

will I loose all my data if I create a new I cloud account and delete the old one?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 4:51 AM

will I loose all my data if I create a new I cloud account and delete the old one?

Yes, if you close your account. Apple describes in How to delete your Apple ID account the consequences of terminating your iCloud/Apple ID account:

When your Apple ID account is deleted, your account details and the data associated with your Apple ID are permanently deleted from Apple’s servers. You can't sign in to your account, and you won’t be able to access any data, content, or services that were associated with your Apple ID. Photos, videos, documents, and other content that you stored in iCloud are permanently deleted

You might instead prefer to change your Apple ID. See Change your Apple ID about how to achieve this. It is a fairly simple process which changes the name of your Apple ID - from one email address to another email address for example - but it retains all the content of the account and all the services you enjoy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 4:51 AM in response to mavis95

Yes, if you close your account. Apple describes in How to delete your Apple ID account the consequences of terminating your iCloud/Apple ID account:

When your Apple ID account is deleted, your account details and the data associated with your Apple ID are permanently deleted from Apple’s servers. You can't sign in to your account, and you won’t be able to access any data, content, or services that were associated with your Apple ID. Photos, videos, documents, and other content that you stored in iCloud are permanently deleted

You might instead prefer to change your Apple ID. See Change your Apple ID about how to achieve this. It is a fairly simple process which changes the name of your Apple ID - from one email address to another email address for example - but it retains all the content of the account and all the services you enjoy.

Will I loose all my data if I create a new iCloud account and delete the old one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.