Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud

I have an issue with my storage as I have 2TB on ICloud but I have 64gb iPhone 12 mini. The issue is I keep being told I have no storage left as my iPhone data is nearly full. However, I have over a 1TB of storage left on my ICloud.

How do I get my iPhone to save data to the cloud instead of my iPhone data?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 4:42 AM

This won't solve your problem. iCloud is a syncing service and it's contents are also your iPhone's contents. Delete content on your phone and it is deleted from iCloud - and any of your other devices signed into your iCloud account.

I have an issue with my storage as I have 2TB on ICloud but I have 64gb iPhone 12 mini.

These are measurements of the available space on two different places; the first is the iCloud space on Apple's servers and the second is the available space on your iPhone - which cannot be changed.

Apple has a whole support page here called What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

Apple lists here some tips on optimising your iPhone space. Essentially your phone is full and you will have to remove content if you want to have more available space on the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 4:42 AM in response to Prettyboyhowe

This won't solve your problem. iCloud is a syncing service and it's contents are also your iPhone's contents. Delete content on your phone and it is deleted from iCloud - and any of your other devices signed into your iCloud account.

I have an issue with my storage as I have 2TB on ICloud but I have 64gb iPhone 12 mini.

These are measurements of the available space on two different places; the first is the iCloud space on Apple's servers and the second is the available space on your iPhone - which cannot be changed.

Apple has a whole support page here called What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

Apple lists here some tips on optimising your iPhone space. Essentially your phone is full and you will have to remove content if you want to have more available space on the phone.

ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.