Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i change my icloud email password? NOT MY APPLE ID PASSWORD

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 1:35 PM

iCloud, this forum, and all other Apple services use the same password. If you only have one Apple ID, it would be the same ID and password as you used to log into this forum. If you have another and have forgotten the password, see the following:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

But note that if you are trying to set up iCloud email in a 3rd party mail app, then you will need to have two-factor authentication turned on and use an app-specific password rather than the normal password. See: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support and Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 1:35 PM in response to MS57

iCloud, this forum, and all other Apple services use the same password. If you only have one Apple ID, it would be the same ID and password as you used to log into this forum. If you have another and have forgotten the password, see the following:

But note that if you are trying to set up iCloud email in a 3rd party mail app, then you will need to have two-factor authentication turned on and use an app-specific password rather than the normal password. See: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support and Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Mar 26, 2022 1:46 PM in response to Bluecrab1523

Bluecrab1523 wrote:

How do I change my icloud password Not my apple ID

iCloud uses your Apple ID and password. If you only have one Apple ID, it would be the same ID and password as you used to log into this forum. If you have another and have forgotten the ID or password, see the following:

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

or

Mar 10, 2022 4:04 AM in response to MS57

In the discussion you mentioned -

I am trying to change my Mac Mail password, not my Apple ID password.

The Mac mail address can be created with some mail services like gmail , yahoo ... it's not necessary the mail address is an Apple ID signed in with Mac system preferences , your Apple ID might be different say example1@icloud.com or other .

The mac mail address password can be reset on web account .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.