Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I take a screenshot when Siri keeps popping up?

Lately, when I try to take a screenshot, it doesn’t work. Instead, Siri pops up. How can I completely turn off Siri on this device and recover the ability to do screenshots?

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 10:47 AM

To successfully take a screenshot you need to press the Power button and the Home at the same time:

• If you press-and-hold the Home button before the Power button, then Siri will open up
    • If you do press-and-hold the power button and then press the Home button, the screenshot may be taken, if you get the timing right

I've found that for this to work every time without problems I have to use two hands because the two buttons are too far apart to do it with one hand. It's only when you release the buttons that the screenshot is actually taken.

Even if you turn Siri off (Apple will try to dissuade you), the results will still be the same as above, except that if you press the Home button first, a pop-up will ask you if you want to turn Siri on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 10:47 AM in response to espressonator

To successfully take a screenshot you need to press the Power button and the Home at the same time:

• If you press-and-hold the Home button before the Power button, then Siri will open up
    • If you do press-and-hold the power button and then press the Home button, the screenshot may be taken, if you get the timing right

I've found that for this to work every time without problems I have to use two hands because the two buttons are too far apart to do it with one hand. It's only when you release the buttons that the screenshot is actually taken.

Even if you turn Siri off (Apple will try to dissuade you), the results will still be the same as above, except that if you press the Home button first, a pop-up will ask you if you want to turn Siri on.

How can I take a screenshot when Siri keeps popping up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.