Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my AirPods from pausing the music when I take them out of my ears?

Hi, I need help on my AirPods 2nd generation because whenever I’m playing my music on Spotify and I take them out of my ears, The music pauses and then when I place them back, it resumes the music. So how can I stop them from pausing my music when I take them out?

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 1:27 AM

Justin84O8 Said:

"How do I stop my AirPods from pausing the music when I take them out of my ears?: Hi, I need help on my AirPods 2nd generation because whenever I’m playing my music on Spotify and I take them out of my ears, The music pauses and then when I place them back, it resumes the music. So how can I stop them from pausing my music when I take them out?"

-------

This is not an option.

Removing it from your head makes the audio stop.

1. Go Here: Start and Stop iPhone Audio Playback with AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Scroll To: Stop the audio
  3. As it Reads:

AirPods Max: Remove AirPods Max from your head.

AirPods Pro and AirPods (1st and 2nd generation): Remove both AirPods from your ears, or if you’re wearing just one, remove it.

So...

Recommend it to Apple:

1. So Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why you want this to be an option, and how you think it will help others
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 1:27 AM in response to Justin84O8

Justin84O8 Said:

"How do I stop my AirPods from pausing the music when I take them out of my ears?: Hi, I need help on my AirPods 2nd generation because whenever I’m playing my music on Spotify and I take them out of my ears, The music pauses and then when I place them back, it resumes the music. So how can I stop them from pausing my music when I take them out?"

-------

This is not an option.

Removing it from your head makes the audio stop.

1. Go Here: Start and Stop iPhone Audio Playback with AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Scroll To: Stop the audio
  3. As it Reads:

AirPods Max: Remove AirPods Max from your head.

AirPods Pro and AirPods (1st and 2nd generation): Remove both AirPods from your ears, or if you’re wearing just one, remove it.

So...

Recommend it to Apple:

1. So Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why you want this to be an option, and how you think it will help others
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

How do I stop my AirPods from pausing the music when I take them out of my ears?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.