Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight Search

In Monterey when I use spotlight search (command spacebar) the selected program doesn't come to the front of the other open programs, I have to Alt Tab to get to the one I just opened in Spotlight and it's always the last one? This is not how it worked previously.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 7:59 AM

SparkyGlynn wrote:

In Monterey when I use spotlight search (command spacebar) the selected program doesn't come to the front of the other open programs, I have to Alt Tab to get to the one I just opened in Spotlight and it's always the last one? This is not how it worked previously.

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 7:59 AM in response to SparkyGlynn

SparkyGlynn wrote:

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2022 11:42 PM in response to SparkyGlynn

After installing Monterey, spotlight isn't working no more, neither the finder search, or easy find. All my usual finding features are gone. I have very much order in my 1mill files and usually i can them find what im looking fore by sorting in creation date or modification date as well.

Well that doesn't work either.

But hurray Dropbox on web did it, theres an unbelievable good search feature. (sorry iCloud doesn't work either, not for backing up MY files, when I need it)

So if you have Dropbox or maybe Gdrive as backup you might be able to find your files again

Spotlight Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.