Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro - Unable to Access Native Photos Library

When using the FCPX media browser and navigating to the Photos app album, it is NOT showing all files. I reset preferences, rebooted multiple times and purchased a new macbook with more storage and same issue persists. Please help as soon as possible, I've down the following:

• Granted appropriate permissions
  • Set Photos App as the system photo library
  • Plenty of storage space on my brand new Macbook Pro
  • Navigating to my album shows most of the pictures but only 6 of the 763 videos
  • I've tried resetting FCP preferences when launching (same issue persists)
  • Tried recreating a new album - same issue persists
  • Tried exporting entire album and Photos app has error with hundreds of the critical files

I'm open to any ideas - I've created several videos within FCP and this is the first time I've ever ran into this issue. Please help, I've google'd and all the online solution's are not working for me.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 6:05 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 9, 2022 6:28 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you for your quick reply. My old Macbook Pro didn't have the storage space to store these files locally. I just purchased a new 14' MBP model and per your recommendation, I did the following:

1. Photo App
  2. Preferences
  3. iCloud
  4. Download Originals to this Mac
  5. Exit

I have years and years with thousands of photos, videos etc stored within iCloud that have been downloading now. Is there any way to specify specific years or albums to download locally with Photos App to avoid downloading iCloud files that you WON'T be using within your Final Cut Pro project? Ty again, very appreciative if this works.

Feb 11, 2022 1:32 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom, thank you sincerely for helping me fix this issue. I worked on it for several weeks across 2 different computers and did not realize that Final Cut Pro only renders certain photos from iCloud but not all of them.

The bottom line was you're right that they have to be downloaded locally onto the computer which in my eyes defeats the purposes of utilizing icloud to begin with. I can now create the movie i've been trying to since I downloaded originals to the Mac.

Ty again for being so generous with your FCP knowledge.

Final Cut Pro - Unable to Access Native Photos Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.