Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my aperture photos to appear in the photos app?

I am trying to open my aperture library in Photos but the library is greyed out and the Photos app says it has already migrated the aperture library but no photos are showing up.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 3:38 AM

Check the filename extension of your Aperture Library. Photos will recognise by the filename extension, if it already has opened the library. If you already opened it previously in Photos, the filename extension will have been changed to .migratedaplibrary . Change this extension back to .aplibrary . Then Photos can open the library again and create a new Photos Library from it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 3:38 AM in response to Hw38

Check the filename extension of your Aperture Library. Photos will recognise by the filename extension, if it already has opened the library. If you already opened it previously in Photos, the filename extension will have been changed to .migratedaplibrary . Change this extension back to .aplibrary . Then Photos can open the library again and create a new Photos Library from it.

How do I get my aperture photos to appear in the photos app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.