Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My finds but does not reveal my devices

In the latest version of Find My (for Monterey 12.1) I can see my phone and iPad on the map perfectly well. However, there is no obvious way to get information on the devices or play a sound (which is why I ran into this). Apple's information is to select the device from Devices. Well, there is no Devices tab in this version. The closest is a Devices option under View, but that does nothing except show the device location on the map. Once those are revealed, there is no way to do anything with any of the revealed devices. What am I missing?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 7:28 AM

Mark LeBar wrote:

In the latest version of Find My (for Monterey 12.1) I can see my phone and iPad on the map perfectly well. However, there is no obvious way to get information on the devices or play a sound (which is why I ran into this). Apple's information is to select the device from Devices. Well, there is no Devices tab in this version. The closest is a Devices option under View, but that does nothing except show the device location on the map. Once those are revealed, there is no way to do anything with any of the revealed devices. What am I missing?

" (for Monterey 12.1 " keep checking as there was another update on Jan 26, 2022 to version 12.2

This may or may not be directly related to this issue.

The update bring bug and security fixes

A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS.  before attempting the update is suggested.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 7:28 AM in response to Mark LeBar

Mark LeBar wrote:

" (for Monterey 12.1 " keep checking as there was another update on Jan 26, 2022 to version 12.2

This may or may not be directly related to this issue.

The update bring bug and security fixes

A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS.  before attempting the update is suggested.

Find My finds but does not reveal my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.