Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (Mid 2011) camera not working

My camera has been not working for quite some time. It used to work and now it doesn't. It's not even recognized in the system information viewer. I did not do anything to cause it to stop working. I just woke up one day and it wasn't working. A few days prior to this I did install Linux and it worked in both Linux and OS X (via dual booting) but it no longer works at all. I've included screenshots as proof. Does anyone know how to fix this by chance?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 12:50 PM

Greetings Cole_R, 

We understand that you’re not able to access the camera on your Mac. 

Here are the steps to take when your built-in camera isn’t working. If your built-in camera isn’t working on your Mac

Thanks.

3 replies

Mar 6, 2022 11:01 AM in response to AnnieL2

I've tried everything on that guide that applies to me but nothing helped. The camera light doesn't light up at all. And even the system information viewer says I don't have a camera. Resetting the SMC changed nothing. And changing screen time settings and giving apps permission don't apply to me because I'm on Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.6)

MacBook Air (Mid 2011) camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.