Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords requires approval

I just upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, the iCloud app worked just fine. After the upgrade, everything worked well, but the iCloud app wanted approval to let me use my passwords. I thought it would be okay, but actually it never prompts me for a verification code; I type in my password, it starts thinking, then the form closes, and we’re back from where we started.

What I tried:

• Reinstalling iCloud (from the Windows Store and with the installer from Apple’s site)
  • Deleting all devices from iCloud, signing back in (both ways: 1. iPhone first, Windows second, 2. Windows first, iPhone second) - all this changed was that it asked me for an SMS code, when trying to approve, but it still did not work!

Any ideas? I really need this to work, I store all my (quite complex) passwords in Keychain.

Thanks,

Marcell

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 6:58 AM

Hi,

I contacted support, they told me that they see another session locked in. I went rolled back to Win 10, found everything working, then I disabled all the iCloud components in the app, and signed out. After all that, I removed the Windows device from my Apple ID, reinstalled Windows 11, and now everything is working, the approve button disappeared!

I hope this helps some people!

Thanks,

Marcell

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 6:58 AM in response to meszolym

Hi,

I contacted support, they told me that they see another session locked in. I went rolled back to Win 10, found everything working, then I disabled all the iCloud components in the app, and signed out. After all that, I removed the Windows device from my Apple ID, reinstalled Windows 11, and now everything is working, the approve button disappeared!

I hope this helps some people!

Thanks,

Marcell

Feb 11, 2022 1:32 PM in response to meszolym

Hi Marcell,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. You're having issues using iCloud for Windows to save and access your passwords. The app closes once you try to approve it. Right?

Do you already have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID? It sounds like you might but just making sure since that is a requirement in setting up iCloud passwords for Windows. You can use the guidance from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID to check if needed. Also, make sure that you have iOS 14 or later as well as iCloud for Windows version 12 or later as mentioned in Set up iCloud Passwords on your Windows computer.

Take care.

Passwords requires approval

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.