Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My own songs are constantly disappear from Apple Music playlist

I've downloaded couple of my own albums to my iPhone. Then I was trying to add these songs to the new playlist I've created on my iPhone. What I'm doing:

• Created a new empty playlist
  • Then I'm staring to add my own files to the playlist
  • Go to created playlist and press "Add music" button
  • Select the my first own album, click + button then "Done". I repeat it for several songs I want to add.
  • Songs from the album appears for a second in the playlist and then disappear. Playlist again complexity empty,

Check the video with this bug I've uploaded to Youtube.

What am I doing wrong? This issue doesn't reproduces with songs downloaded from Apple Music. It's only happening with my own files.

I have Apple Music Family subscription.

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 12:28 AM

Ok, I've resolved the issue..

I've deleted Music app - it didn't help.

Then I created iCloud backup and did reset to factory settings. After restoring from backup I was able to get my files to iPhone.

The thing here is that striating from some period you can't just drug and drop music to iPhone by using iTunes on Mac.

If you want to use iCloud library synchronisation you have to use that new mechanism of uploading music to iPhone.

As I understood the problem I've faced is a result that on my iPhone I've already had some files downloaded by the old way (drag-and-drop) but now Apple supports only that new way of uploading music to iPhone through iCloud lib.

So, Apple could you give more detailed messages what went wrong, why, and the link with instruction how to fix it instead just silently remove my own files from playlists.

Few words how the new mechanism works: you have to add your files to iTunes library on your Mac (as you did it before). Then go to File->Library->Upload Cloud Library. After that files will be synchronised with your iCloud library and appear automatically on iPhone. After that you can click "Download" icon In Music app on iPhone to download files to device.

Hopefully it helps to someone.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 12:28 AM in response to bailier

Ok, I've resolved the issue..

I've deleted Music app - it didn't help.

Then I created iCloud backup and did reset to factory settings. After restoring from backup I was able to get my files to iPhone.

The thing here is that striating from some period you can't just drug and drop music to iPhone by using iTunes on Mac.

If you want to use iCloud library synchronisation you have to use that new mechanism of uploading music to iPhone.

As I understood the problem I've faced is a result that on my iPhone I've already had some files downloaded by the old way (drag-and-drop) but now Apple supports only that new way of uploading music to iPhone through iCloud lib.

So, Apple could you give more detailed messages what went wrong, why, and the link with instruction how to fix it instead just silently remove my own files from playlists.

Few words how the new mechanism works: you have to add your files to iTunes library on your Mac (as you did it before). Then go to File->Library->Upload Cloud Library. After that files will be synchronised with your iCloud library and appear automatically on iPhone. After that you can click "Download" icon In Music app on iPhone to download files to device.

Hopefully it helps to someone.

Feb 11, 2022 9:30 PM in response to KMB_12

Hello kareng12,

No, these songs are still in library. They disappear only from playlist. It's really strange.

I've tried things like turn Sync Library of from guide you've posted, but the issue still there. In addition I updated iPhone to the latest IOS, but also with no success.

I'm not sure if the video from my original post attached, so adding the link here.

https://youtube.com/shorts/7GF_wlB7PtU?feature=share

My own songs are constantly disappear from Apple Music playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.