Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I have a Samsung s21 ultra phone but I recently got a MacBook air and sent a text to a friend who has an iPhone. When they responded to the text, my phone didn't receive it but the mac continues to. How would I fix this? Or is this irreversible?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 3:36 PM

iPhone to Mac uses iMessage, a proprietary Apple service designed to work exclusively with Apple devices. Your Samsung phone cannot use iMessage, but it can communicate with iPhones using SMS / MMS text messages, just like any other phone.

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

Note:

"You can also set up your other Apple devices to send and receive messages from any Apple device."

... the important part being Apple devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 3:36 PM in response to Dragon_egg29

iPhone to Mac uses iMessage, a proprietary Apple service designed to work exclusively with Apple devices. Your Samsung phone cannot use iMessage, but it can communicate with iPhones using SMS / MMS text messages, just like any other phone.

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

Note:

"You can also set up your other Apple devices to send and receive messages from any Apple device."

... the important part being Apple devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.