Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad requires line of service?

T-mobile told me that it had to be assigned a service line for my iPad to work. I have two iPhones and 1 iPad. I am charged for three lines of service. If I canceled the service line for my iPad, would my iPad still work as it does now?

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 1:56 AM

In purchasing a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, you are not committing yourself to needing a Cellular Carrier plan for the iPad - but are you preserving the opportunity and flexibility of doing so at a later time.

Also be aware the only WiFi+Cellular models have GPS location functions. WiFi Only models do not have any built-in GPS capabilities.  It is for this reason that many iPad owners will choose a WiFi+Cellular model in preference to WiFi Only - while having no intention of ever provisioning Cellular service.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 1:56 AM in response to Drkswain

In purchasing a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, you are not committing yourself to needing a Cellular Carrier plan for the iPad - but are you preserving the opportunity and flexibility of doing so at a later time.

Also be aware the only WiFi+Cellular models have GPS location functions. WiFi Only models do not have any built-in GPS capabilities.  It is for this reason that many iPad owners will choose a WiFi+Cellular model in preference to WiFi Only - while having no intention of ever provisioning Cellular service.

iPad requires line of service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.